Owning a car can be inherently stressful, from simply forgetting where you parked your car to needing emergency help after an accident. With Automatic’s connected car assistant, this stress can be quickly relieved and replaced by confidence. Automatic offers an adapter plug under the dashboard in your car to collect and deliver driving data directly to your smartphone, empowering you to make the best decisions for you and your vehicle.
Avanta Ventures is proud to invest in Automatic’s vision for the future of car care. Automatic enables users to leverage real-time data to make important and informed decisions about their cars. We believe this can lead to a safer driving experience on the road. After the product was launched in 2013, Automatic earned rave reviews and awards, including Fast Company’s 2013 Innovation by Design awards.
At Avanta Ventures, we believe that the Internet of Things (IoT) and Big Data are real opportunities and that it is key to align with players who are developing deep competencies and experience in those fields. Automatic’s success is as much enabled by their ability to build an incredible team and set of competencies in IoT and Big Data as it is about their current product offering in the market.
Automatic gives powerful data and knowledge to car owners, enabling them to make confident and informed decisions about their vehicles. In tandem with other helpful apps, Automatic provides users with:
- Crash alerts: Trained responders are ready to assist you 24/7 in the case of a serious accident.
- Real-time location and sharing: Let family, friends, and emergency services know where you are.
- Roadside assistance: Get help when you need it through the app.
- Engine light diagnostics: Use Automatic’s vehicle diagnostics to get to the bottom of the problem.
- Parking tracking: Forgot where you parked your car? This will help!
- Maintenance reminders: Know when it’s time to service your car.
- Smart home integrations: Set up routines using IFTTT through Automatic, such as shutting the garage door when you park at home.
- App integrations: Connect your car to dozens of powerful online services.
- Driving history and insights: Learn about your car’s mileage, gas usage, performance and overall health.
- Cashless toll payment processing: Use PayTollo to seamlessly pay toll transactions through Automatic.
- Business expense tracking: Help your company with accurate travel expenses using Concur, Expensify, FreshBooks, or Xero, all through Automatic.
- See their work in action
By understanding your car’s data, you can make better choices that will help you save money, improve your car’s performance, and even help planet Earth. With Automatic’s Commute Analyzer, you can learn when the best time is to leave for your commute and the optimal route you should be taking to save time and gas. The Carbon Calculator also helps you understand how much CO2 your car has emitted, and Automatic suggests planting trees (or donating to nonprofits like the Arbor Day Foundation) to offset your impact.
Read more about how your car data can help you give back to Earth here.
Automatic was acquired in 2017 by SiriusXM.